Hi, I'm Tjane and I'm part of the Communications team at Wikimedia Deutschland.
At Wikimania, me and my tiny camera crew (Anne Braun and Cornelius Kibelka) will conduct short interviews in order to collect international perspectives on current Wikimedia topics.
Here's a selection of subjects we hope to cover:
|free knowledge and open culture
- What's impeding the free use of knowledge? or: What's missing in order to use internet content and stay out of jail?
- How can politics protect free knowledge?
- Why is it important for the Wikimedia movement to address copyright law?
- What needs to be done to ensure the future of more projects like Wikipedia?
- How can digital collections from cultural institutions be made available for Wikimedia projects?
|open source development
- Why is open source development important for you/for the world?
- How can it change society worldwide/in your country?
- What is Wikidata for you? Can you explain Wikidata in a tweet?
- Where do you see Wikidata's potential outside Wikipedia?
|education and diversity
- What's Wikipedia got to do with education?
- How can free knowledge be integrated into education? or: Is free knowledge the future of education?
- How will free knowledge change scientific research?
- What's the use of opening up academia for free knowledge?
- How can we generate more diversity within Wikimedia projects?
|volunteers on Wikimedia projects
- In your opinion, what's the best thing a volunteer ever did as part of a wikimedia project and why is it great?
- Wikipedia is more than a website! How important is the community aspect behind Wikipedia for you?
- What's the most beautiful/awesome/superduper thing a user ever did for you in Wikipedia?
- What would you like to say to all volunteers who create amazing projects like Wikipedia in their spare time?
the concept of free knowledge made tangible: WMDE's data pump
If you want to contribute with one or more statements to this "testimonial video project", or else know someone who will be at Wikimania and who's insight on one or more of these topics absolutely needs to be captured on film, please feel free to contact me!
Or just find us at Wikimania: we will be either near the press corner or close to WMDE's data pump (see picture) in the community village...or somewhere close by!